Community Resources – Helping the Community Find resources
- Catholic Charities of San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
- 2-1-1 San Bernardino
- Family Assistance Program with 24 hr hotlines for domestic violence, human trafficking, and youth crisis.
- San Bernardino County District Attorney Family Violence Resources – Legal & Domestic Violence
- SB Community Action Partnership – Food Pantries and Soup Kitchens
- SB Co Homeless Partnership – Guide to Homeless Service Providers
- SB Co Operation H.O.P.E. – Homeless Resource Guide
- 2-1-1 Riverside
- Riverside County Disability Resource Provider Guide
- Riverside County Family Resource Centers
- Riverside County Housing Authority Emergency Resources
Regional Disaster Preparedness Resources
Data, IT, Social Media, and Publicity Resources
News & Communications in the PCUSA – social media of the PCUSA – Facebook pages
PCUSA RSS Feeds will provide the code for you to put PC(USA) lectionary readings & News in your website.
The Connected Church – Social media trends, resources, and strategies for churches
Nonprofits on Facebook: Strategies for raising awareness, supporters, and funds.
Kaleidoscope Institute – Gracious and Mutual Invitation and other Respectful communication principles
Tech Soup: A source of IT software, hardware at a discount for non-profits.
MissionInsite: Demographic and contextual analysis tools for congregations to explore community information & ministry options.
Google Analytics – tool for understanding how your customer interacts with your site(s).
G Suite for Nonprofits – set of tools from Google specifically for non-profits – Gmail, cloud storage, Google Adwords, Youtube
Christian Copyright Solutions Myths about Licensing
CCLI licensing for Streaming
Social Media Cheat Sheet for Images – Recommended profile and cover image sizes for Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
How to Make a YouTube Video
Creative Commons – source of public domain images
Pixabay – source of images.
Unsplash – source of images
Word Cloud Generator: Make fun & educational visual representations of the frequency of words occurring in a text
Congregational Publicity Ideas
- Get a Media Grant from the Gannett Foundation
- USPS mailing – Click here for rules to qualify for non-profit rates
- Place an ad: Be Ready with a Print Ad – Desert Sun Guidelines
- Join the neighborhood group on Facebook e.g. Cathedral City Neighborhoods Group
- Join membership sites with purpose of social engagement – Meetup
- Join a list of charities – e.g. Desert City Charities
- Post at a college: E.g. College of the Desert – consider student bulletin boards, Radio show, and their College of the Desert Newsletter
- Put up a Freeway sign: Lamar pricing – outdoor advertising
- On Site Sign- worship time, website, phone #
- Sponsor & attend community activity
- Social Media Post, Maintain an online Church App, Sponsor photo contest, Original how-to video, Event Page on Website
- Host conference on issue of concern, Host a neighborhood block party, Participate in Community Activity or Forum
- Post flyers at Grocery Store Bulletin Boards, Venue of Community Event
- Correct business listings – Google, Bing, Yahoo, Yelp.
- Invite a journalist to cover event
- Member to Friend Invitation
- Walk the neighborhood with flyers
Target your publicity and mission to your demographics
MissionInsite – ComparativeInsite report -demographic profile of defined mission area compared to demographic profile of organization’s people.
Measures of Community Wellness & Health Issues
Phone a Friend: Congregations to ask if you want to...
Publish services & sermons as video on YouTube:
Lake Arrowhead Community Presbyterian Church YouTube Channel
Start a learning Community Wellness Center:
Desert Hills Presbyterian Church, Yucca Valley
Partner with Head Start:
Westminster Presbyterian Ontario
To contact any other church for questions or advice.