Valuable Resources To Help Your Congregation
This is a list of the resources the Presbytery has put together to help your congregation grow and thrive. If there is something you need that you can’t find here, please contact the office and let us know.
Self Care, Retreats, Inspiration, & Training
Stillpoint – Retreats, Spiritual Direction
Lombard Mennonite Peace Center – Retreats
Ghost Ranch – spiritual retreats and workshops in New Mexico
Companions on the Inner Way – contemplative retreats
The Work of the People – an inspirational challenging visual (often video) subscription.
Kaleidoscope Institute – building leadership for sustainable churches and communities.
San Francisco Theological Seminary
CA Board of Equalization Nonprofit Online Seminars
Customers can register for Church Mutual courses here. Or call 1-888-255-9622.
Inland Empire Small Business Development Center holds workshops in business software and business topics
Udemy: Online deeply discounted courses in a wide variety of subjects and skills – art, photography, mindfulness, graphic design, social media.
Supplies & Ministry Helps
Textweek.com for sermon preparation
Worship Design Studio – Themed worship series and resources for worship planners.
San Francisco Theological Seminary
Cokesbury -Books, religious apparel, furnishings, candles, jewelry, music, and other church supplies. The Presbyterian Publishing Corporation has endorsed Cokesbury as its official retail partner to the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
Presbyterian Church USA Resources
PCUSA Antiracism Resources (pdf)
Today’s Mission Yearbook
Submit a Hunger Action Congregations Covenant to the Presbyterian Hunger Program.
Regarding ruling elders: a monthly series for spiritual leaders
Board of Pensions provides benefits and financial planning services for members.
The Presbytery of Riverside regional representative is Clayton Cobb, 267-844-2411
Board of Pensions newsletters
Board of Pensions Board University
The Presbyterian Foundation -investing and funding mission, stewardship coaching, endowment, and estate planning.
Contact Maggie Harmon
Ministry Relations Officer for the Southwest
6788 Armour Dr
Oakland, CA 94611
Toll Free: 866-860-3383
Presbyterian Disaster Assistance (PDA)
Ways to give or designate to a specific disaster.
Prepare to Care: Guide to Disaster Ministry in Your Congregation.
Grant Proposals and Processes
Grants to Help You and Your Church’s Ministry – brochure by PIM (revised 5/2018)
Seek out the Partners in Ministry Committee for Presbytery-related funds
Webinar: Grant Writing: Developing & Submitting a Killer Nonprofit Grant Proposal
Foundation Center’s Candid Learning – an online resource for training, sources of grants, questions & answers
- PMA grants, scholarships, and loans
- Synod Grants and Funding
- Inland Empire Nonprofits Funding Sources
Local and Regional Resources
Community Resources – Helping the Community Find resources
- Catholic Charities of San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
- 2-1-1 San Bernardino
- Family Assistance Program with 24 hr hotlines for domestic violence, human trafficking, and youth crisis.
- San Bernardino County District Attorney Family Violence Resources – Legal & Domestic Violence
- SB Community Action Partnership – Food Pantries and Soup Kitchens
- SB Co Homeless Partnership – Guide to Homeless Service Providers
- SB Co Operation H.O.P.E. – Homeless Resource Guide
- 2-1-1 Riverside
- Riverside County Disability Resource Provider Guide
- Riverside County Family Resource Centers
- Riverside County Housing Authority Emergency Resources
Regional Disaster Preparedness Resources
Data, IT, Social Media, and Publicity Resources
News & Communications in the PCUSA – social media of the PCUSA – Facebook pages
PCUSA RSS Feeds will provide the code for you to put PC(USA) lectionary readings & News in your website.
The Connected Church – Social media trends, resources, and strategies for churches
Nonprofits on Facebook: Strategies for raising awareness, supporters, and funds.
Kaleidoscope Institute – Gracious and Mutual Invitation and other Respectful communication principles
Tech Soup: A source of IT software, hardware at a discount for non-profits.
MissionInsite: Demographic and contextual analysis tools for congregations to explore community information & ministry options.
Google Analytics – tool for understanding how your customer interacts with your site(s).
G Suite for Nonprofits – set of tools from Google specifically for non-profits – Gmail, cloud storage, Google Adwords, Youtube
Christian Copyright Solutions Myths about Licensing
CCLI licensing for Streaming
Social Media Cheat Sheet for Images – Recommended profile and cover image sizes for Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
How to Make a YouTube Video
Creative Commons – source of public domain images
Pixabay – source of images.
Unsplash – source of images
Word Cloud Generator: Make fun & educational visual representations of the frequency of words occurring in a text
Congregational Publicity Ideas
- Get a Media Grant from the Gannett Foundation
- USPS mailing – Click here for rules to qualify for non-profit rates
- Place an ad: Be Ready with a Print Ad – Desert Sun Guidelines
- Join the neighborhood group on Facebook e.g. Cathedral City Neighborhoods Group
- Join membership sites with purpose of social engagement – Meetup
- Join a list of charities – e.g. Desert City Charities
- Post at a college: E.g. College of the Desert – consider student bulletin boards, Radio show, and their College of the Desert Newsletter
- Put up a Freeway sign: Lamar pricing – outdoor advertising
- On Site Sign- worship time, website, phone #
- Sponsor & attend community activity
- Social Media Post, Maintain an online Church App, Sponsor photo contest, Original how-to video, Event Page on Website
- Host conference on issue of concern, Host a neighborhood block party, Participate in Community Activity or Forum
- Post flyers at Grocery Store Bulletin Boards, Venue of Community Event
- Correct business listings – Google, Bing, Yahoo, Yelp.
- Invite a journalist to cover event
- Member to Friend Invitation
- Walk the neighborhood with flyers
Target your publicity and mission to your demographics
MissionInsite – ComparativeInsite report -demographic profile of defined mission area compared to demographic profile of organization’s people.
Measures of Community Wellness & Health Issues
Phone a Friend: Congregations to ask if you want to...
Publish services & sermons as video on YouTube:
Lake Arrowhead Community Presbyterian Church YouTube Channel
Start a learning Community Wellness Center:
Desert Hills Presbyterian Church, Yucca Valley
Partner with Head Start:
Westminster Presbyterian Ontario
To contact any other church for questions or advice.